Thursday, January 7, 2010

What kind of make-up do you wear? I want a GOOD long lasting matte foundation!?

Ladies, gentlemen, make-up professionals:





I desperately want a very awesome foundation that will:


- not wipe away


- that will not sweat off


- that has super pale colours


- that is a matte to hide my flaws





Here are some foundations that just did not work for me:





- That Maybeline whipped cream crap (left me looking orange!)


- Bare Minerals (left me looking yellow!)


- Everyday Minerals (TOO pale!)


- L'oreal (I think) that pump thing that has the multiple choices for colors (Wiped off in an instant! Sweats off! Doesn't last! Doesn't cover well!)


- MAC sheer liquid foundation (Same as above!)


- L'oreal (or Revlon) powder foundation (Orange! Wiped off!)


- All Cover Girl (orange)





The list is continuous! Any tips on how to get this stuff to stay and cover! I use concealer and I use face primer!





I don't care how much it is. If it works, it is worth it!





Please help :( My make-up bag is full of crappy foundation.





*Also, I have combination skin (an oily t-zone, but I have a bit of psirosis) And I have very pale skin with olive undertones. What kind of make-up do you wear? I want a GOOD long lasting matte foundation!?
I swear you will love MakeupForever's Mat Velvet+ foundation ($35@ Sephora)!! It is the best matte I have used. They do the makeup for Cirque du Soleil~so it stays put. It is beautiful! I am a huge fan of the line. I also like Dior's Sculpt foundation, and Diorskin Forever (about $50). Both MakeupForever and Dior have shades for very pale skin. Prescriptives has a nice oilfree matte formula too. You can go to Sephora to get free samples to try before you buy, and at the Prescriptives counter as well :)What kind of make-up do you wear? I want a GOOD long lasting matte foundation!?
This is what I use:





Maybelline Pure Makeup Liquid


Then over that I use Physicians Formula Talc-Free Translucent Powder





The liquid evens out my skin tone and covers up blemishes, and then the pf powder gives it a very nice soft finish which prevents it from sweating and rubbing off as well.





This is the only makeup combo that I've found works on me(and which are light enough, too.) You can buy them both at walmart.
ive had A LOT of those same problems. i also have really pale skin and needed something to match. i use MAC Studio Fix. it is a pressed powder, but it acts like a foundation. it covers absolutely everything for me, and i have a lot to cover up. it doesnt sweat off, and it stays on until you wash it off. it lasts a long time, and its only around 25 dollars canadian. its definitely worth buying!


good luck!
I use MAC studio fix. It works really good and last a long time for me. I use it in NC35: http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a> . But last night I just ordered from an Avon catalog a compacted powder. Sorry I forgot what it was called. So I'll guess I'll see if it works or not, or else I'm going to by more MAC.


xoxo


-Blah
maxfactor


miracle touch


liquid illusion foundation


bronze 80


拢12
ALL THE CHANEL FOUNDATIONS ARE AWESOME I USE THAT MAKEUP RELIGIOUSLY LOL I LOVE IT
Este'Lauder Double Wear (it's expensive but lasts)
Have you tried Physician's Formula. they have matte and pale make up. ive also noticed that it stays on for a long time
Bobbie Brown!
Amanda, any foundation will come off when sweating; I'm sorry I don't know of a cure for that. What I do is to pat where I'm sweating rather than wipe. Use a skin care regimen for normal/dry skin; get the toner for use in your t-zone only. Use the vitamin c serum for zapping the zits and fade gel for discolorations. Your foundation should be water based not oil based and use the loose translucent powder to set and/or touch up. For all, I like aularale.com/7002 - it absolutely works. In addition, drink lots of water, eat more fruits and veggies, and take a good vitamin/mineral supplement.
  • free
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment